Teaching your children independent skills can be daunting. It may be easier said than done, most especially when you are accustomed to having things done for them. Here at ABC, we strive to help and support you and your children every step of the way. The therapy we have prepared for them are essential for their personal growth, enhancing their individual skills which they will bring into adulthood.
Note: For more details, contact us to set up a no obligation interview with the Director.
WHAT DOES THERAPY LOOK LIKE?
- Weekly social group outings such as making movies, going out to eat, airsoft, bowling and cooking a meal.
- Parents receive an individualized plan for developing the desired skills and decreasing challenging behaviors.
- Parents receive ongoing training during weekly parent coaching meetings.
- The behavior analyst will work directly with the student to model strategies for parents.
- When intensive 1:1 training is required for skill acquisition, a behavior technician is assigned for regular sessions.
- When challenging behaviors occur in the community, the behavior technician will work with your child in the situation that you are having problems with.
- Language skills
- Social skills
- Self-care (including toilet training)
- Physically aggressive and verbally disruptive behaviors
- Problem transitioning between activities
- Problem behaviors in the community
- Compliance during doctor/dentist/haircut appointments
- Food selectivity
- Safety at home and in the community (“stranger danger”, crossing street etc.)
- Problem behaviors in the classroom
- Sleeping in own bed
- Repetitive behaviors (hand flapping, rocking etc.)