Note: For more details, contact us to set up a no obligation interview with the Director.
Going to college with autism is no easy task, transitioning between activities to doing their projects. College is where students prepare themselves to take their best foot forward toward reaching their goals. Young adults with autism may face struggles with life skills and extensive function that may possibly lead them to anxiety or trouble getting things done. However, we at ABC want to provide the care that your loved ones’ deserve through personalized therapy.
WHAT DOES THERAPY LOOK LIKE?
- Weekly social group outings such as making movies, going out to eat, airsoft, bowling and cooking a meal.
- A Behavior Technician will meet with your student at college to work on study skills, organizational skills.
- Parents receive an individualized plan for developing the desired skills and decreasing challenging behaviors.
- Parents receive ongoing training during weekly parent coaching meetings.
- The behavior analyst will work directly with the student to model strategies for parents.
- Organization skills for school
- Money management
- Difficulty developing and maintaining friendships
- Conflict and noncompliance at home
- Aggression towards self and others
- Narrow interests
- Conversation skill deficits
- Anxiety in social situations
- Self-injurious behavior